Wednesday, April 24, 2013

...And we wait...

Good morning Baby Hoffman!

Today is April 24 and we still technically have 6 days left before your official due date.  Notice I'm saying "technically" and "official".  These two words are terms that are helping your family try to wait patiently for your arrival!  But, honestly, we can hardly handle it any more!

Over the past weeks, I've had so many "symptoms" of labor, but none of them have been the real thing yet.  From the aches & pains, to you dropping lower in preparation to birth, and daily "Braxton Hicks" contractions - we keep thinking "today is the day!"  But you are proving who is boss, already.  Grandma Chips tells me to just get used to it!  :)

I have been feeling you move around in my belly for 21 weeks - kicking, rolling, stretching and most recently - lots of hiccups!  We are ready to see you do all of these things outside the womb!  I get excited every time I feel you move and stretch.  It's just another reminder of the amazing life inside of me and adds to the anticipation of meeting you!

Every morning your daddy wakes up and asks you to come see him.  He can't wait to snuggle with you - I think he's almost more impatient than me right now!  Lily is also looking forward to showing you off to her friends.  She's still a little nervous about being a big sister, but I think you both are so lucky to have each other!

We're going for long walks every day - something you can get used to.   Spring is in the air and it's beautiful to see all of the new life.  You being a "spring baby" just seems so appropriate!

So, we will sit and wait for you to be ready to come see us.  In a way, I'm going to miss being pregnant.  There have been so many moments that only you and I have shared.  You wake me during the middle of the night, just moving around in your secure home.  Your hiccups have made me laugh.  I want to comfort you when you are hiccuping, but everything I've read has assured me that you are fine.

Looking forward to meeting you face-to-face sometime in the next 2 weeks!  Maybe today is the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment