Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It's a....

Dear DH2 -

Where do I begin?  It's been a very eventful month.  We are now 21 weeks into knowing you - only 19 weeks until we get to meet you in person.  Oh, we are so excited!!

You are growing constantly and I'm feeling you every step of the way.  About 2 weeks ago (on December 1), I felt your little flutters for the first time.  You felt like butterfly wings brushing inside Mommy's tummy.  Lily and I were sitting talking about her day (She's on a dive team at school.  Maybe it's something you'd like to do some day), when I felt you insert yourself into the conversation.  I was so excited to feel you.  Lily was a little disappointed she couldn't feel you yet, but I know you knew she was there.  When she touched my belly, I could feel you move around.  She keeps trying to feel you move - I know some day soon she will!

A couple days later, your daddy took this picture of you and me.  I was 19 weeks pregnant when we took this.
You can see how happy I am knowing you are with me all the time.

And then, just a week later, we took another picture.  It may not seem like you grew a lot in a week, but I could tell.  I can feel your flutters more and more every day.  You like to keep me entertained while I'm at work.  When I sit too long, you start moving and it's a reminder that we need to walk around.  It's the most wonderful feeling.

All these flutters make me wonder what you will be like when you are born.  I just know you'll be active.  Kicking and squirming.  Smiling and giggling.  Your daddy and sister are funny, so there will be lots to laugh at.  We have kittys too that can't wait to meet you.  We keep warning them about you, but I don't think they understand yet...  They will find out soon enough!

But, the biggest moment so far happened yesterday.  Daddy and I went to see Dr. Kelly to see how you are doing.  Oh, baby, you are getting sooo big!  He said you are 15 ounces already - almost a pound!  No wonder I can feel you.  He gave us some great pictures of you.

Here's a picture of your foot - I think this foot has been very active all day!
And this is your first portrait.  Ok, so this isn't the picture you want to show off when you are older, but I think it's beautiful.  Dr. Kelly told us that "everything looks great" with you.


But there was one important piece of information that we asked Dr. Kelly to write down, instead of telling us.  We were finding out if you are a boy or a girl.  Oh, I was so anxious!  Not that it really matters, but it just makes you so much more real.  While I'm already dreaming about what your life will bring, knowing if you are a boy/girl will make those daydreams so much more vivid!

You will soon find out that your daddy and I like to include our friends and family in big moments in our life.  Each one of them is precious to us and it's so much more fun to share these times with them.  They are all so excited to meet you too, so we thought it made sense for us all to hear if you are a he or she together.

Mr. and Mrs. Kaufman - you will see lots of them when you arrive - graciously agreed to make a cake to announce your big news.  We had Dr. Kelly write down the information on an index card and we gave the card to Christine.  She made the prettiest, most delicious cake to celebrate you!!

 I was so excited!  I could barely cut into the pretty cake.  Again, the love and joy we already feel for you wouldn't have changed if we saw pink or blue.  You have added so much to our family in such a short time.  I can only imagine what the future has in store for you.

After a couple minutes, I finally cut into the cake.  The icing, which told us if you are a girl or a boy, was.....


PINK!!
I couldn't believe it.  I honestly thought you were a boy.  But your daddy knew.  He knows everything.  When you get older and have questions, you will know that your daddy is the man.  He can help you with anything.  And, he even knew you were a girl!  Oh, a baby girl!  I'm still in shock.

So, here we are.  This was a really big moment for all of us.  I know, I mean I really know, that you are excited that your secret is out.  We know you are going to keep our family on our toes.  You will be entertaining and fun.  You will be kind and loving.  You will be a ham for the crowd and you will do anything for your sister's attention.  I just know it.  I can't wait for you to join us so we can prove to everyone, together, that Mommy knows things sometimes too... :)  We'll make a great team.

We are counting down the weeks now.  Scheduling birthing classes and planning your nursery.  I'm so excited, I can hardly handle it anymore.  But you still have a lot of growing to do, and I will support you the whole time.

We love you dearly precious baby girl!

Love,
Mommy



1 comment:

  1. Again . . . tears of joy! Your mommy does such a good job of writing to you! Grandma and Grandpa Miller are also very excited to meet you! I can hardly wait to hold you, cuddle you and love you. Maybe you will be born on your Great Grandma Doris' birthday, April 19 - a special day. But your own day will be very special too. Love you much already! Grandma Chips

    ReplyDelete